It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The execution of Jazz Build Engine completed with a non-zero return code (RC=1)

Todd Miller (11) | asked Jul 14, 2:48 p.m.
Hi all, I am getting the following error when trying to start the JBE on a Windows 10 machine:

CRRTC3529W: The execution of Jazz Build Engine completed with a non-zero return code (RC=1)

Below it there is this additional line:
Java was started but returned exit code=1

Googling the first line did not tell me anything useful. Googling the 2nd line seems to suggest this is a java incompatibility problem, however I am pretty confident I am using the right version/architecture of java. Just in case I tried other java versions and always get the same error.

Anyone know what could be causing my error? Or at least how I can get a more helpful error message (adding -verbose to the command doesn't do anything except add info about the java version to the log). Any advice is appreciated.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15, 4:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The question lacks all information about Java Version, JBE versions etc.

I would suggest to launch the JBE in a shell window and see what is happening.

Some log information can be found in jazz\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse e.g. in configuration and .metadata.

Todd Miller commented Jul 29, 1:06 p.m.
I just re-installed the latest version of the build toolkit (6.0.6.1) using Installation Manager and still get the same error. It installed its own jre (version 1.8.0_191) and the jbe.ini is set to use this jre. I also tried other jre's, and then also tried uninstalling all other jre's from the PC, and still get the same error.

I am launching it by opening a cmd prompt and going to the buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse directory and then typing "jbe -repository https://myrepo/jazz -userid myid -passwordFile mypasswfile -engineId myengineId -verbose".

It always just gives the "java was started but returned exit code=1" message. I do not see any additional logs in the configuration or .metadata dirs, or anywhere else. The verbose param doesn't seem to provide any additional info. Any idea what that exit code 1 means? I am at a loss as to how to investigate the cause of this problem.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30, 7:27 a.m. | edited Jul 30, 7:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I used google and here are some hints: https://www.google.com/search?q=java+exit+code+1

This seems to be fairly common and I don't know if this forum can really answer this.
The Google query has a lot more links.

I can not see anything wrong in what you do. The JBE in 6.0.6.1 works for me.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.