It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Build Forge and Windows Server 2016

bob mccormack (1112) | asked Sep 05 '19, 10:06 p.m.

Let me relate what I have done and what I observing

• I have a windows Server 2016
  • I have installed Rational Build Forge at 8.0.0.7 and applied fix pack 11
  • I have started Build Forge in the foreground
  • I do have Default to the Java Master Job Controller field set to No
  • From a PowerShell I issue the command /.bfengine -p  this gives this message 
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\ibm\Build Forge> 9/5/2019 3:13:28 AM: CRRBF0636I: 6824: Build Forge: The Build Forge engine is already running

When I logon via the web, Build Forge exhibits normal behaviour except
when I try to run projects, they remain in a NOT STARTED status, and I observe this from the foreground window on the server

Sep 05, 2019 3:14:08 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.db.BuildManagerImpl create
INFO: build stage:Queued
Sep 05, 2019 3:14:15 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.db.BuildManagerImpl update
INFO: build stage:
Sep 05, 2019 3:14:16 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.db.BuildManagerImpl update
Sep 05, 2019 3:14:16 AM com.buildforge.services.server.manager.db.BuildManagerImpl update

n.b. I would have expected another another update message and the job to be running

Question 1. is my approach to starting Build Forge under Windows Server 2016  to have a perl engine running  correct?

Question 2. is there some as yet unknown setting stopping the project from executing?

Question 3. Currently the Jazz Site has Build Forge at 8.0.0.7, so we installed that and then
                    went to IBM's site and downloaded Fix Pack 11 and applied that. Is this a compatible
                    mix. Is there any guidance on this?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.