It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete failed build logs?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Feb 25 '13, 12:51 p.m.
Hi All

I have a BuildForge and ClearCase integration. For each BF project, the first thing it does is to check if there are new activities in CC. BF CheckNewActivity step will fails and the project will stop if no new activities are found. 

So after a while, there are many failed build logs in BF management console. It doesn't look good for these builds are not really failed one, but actually there are no need to run ones.

How can I delete the build logs if CheckNewActivity step fails?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 25 '13, 1:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 25 '13, 1:18 p.m.
 Check out Trigger Variable Reference in the Help.  What you want is _CI_BUILD_DELETE.

~Spencer

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Feb 26 '13, 11:52 a.m.

Below is my step command for check new activities:

ratlperl build.pl CHECKNEWACTIVITY

build.pl is our build script which does everything. In this case, how can I set this environment variable _CI_BUILD_DELETE?

Thanks
Jirong

Spencer Murata commented Feb 26 '13, 11:54 a.m. | edited Feb 26 '13, 11:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Either have the script add the variable or wrap the script in an adaptor and have the adaptor set the variable.  You want the variable to be added only if the step fails, so you would have to do something based on the result.

~Spencer 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.