It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to output the Description system attribute in JRS reports?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jun 05 '20, 12:47 p.m.
edited Jun 05 '20, 1:47 p.m.

My customer is using Jazz 6.0.4 and the data warehouse.  When creating a JRS report containing Stories and Epics, they want to be able to have the system attribute Description as one of the columns.  It doesn't appear to be a valid attribute to add to the report.  I found a similar question, but it was from 2016.  Is it possible to output the Description attribute using the data warehouse (not LQE)?

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered Jun 05 '20, 1:40 p.m.

Hi Jannet,

JRS was not available in 2011, so the questions you found may not be relevant at all.

In JRS is you will use DCC as a data source you do not have access to Work Item Description, but as you mentioned you can do it using LQE.

I am not sure if WI description is going to the data warehouse database but if yes, I think then you should be able to access this data using custom SQL query.

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jun 05 '20, 1:50 p.m.
Sorry, the 2011 was a typo.  It was 2016 and I have corrected my post.

Thanks for your answer.  I never considered using a custom SQL query.  I will give that a try to see if that works.

Bartosz Chrabski commented Jun 05 '20, 3:45 p.m.
Janet,

First check if the description is in data warehouse :).

I am not sure if DCC collects this value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.