It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to send email notification when manual test script is changed to team members?

Sunil Lengare (1314) | asked Mar 09 '20, 7:54 a.m.

how to send email notification when manual test script is changed to team members?

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 09 '20, 11:30 p.m.
what is RQM version?
what do you mean by "manual test script is changed to team members"? owner change or something else?

Sunil Lengare commented Mar 10 '20, 11:52 p.m.

Hello Don

Manual test script is a script (or Test procedure) added under Test case which is of type Manual (and not like command line adapter)

when such test script is changed we want email notification to be sent to Team Members so that they are aware of Test Procedure change.

4 answers

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Mar 10 '20, 2:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi - If you are using 6,0.5 or greater - you can go thru the following - that helps you set up the email notifications for changes pertaining to  Test Case Execution Records, Execution Schedules etc - The caveat being - the mail configuration being set through JTS.  The team members too can subscribe to the changes.

Comments
Sunil Lengare commented Mar 10 '20, 11:54 p.m.

Thank you Muralidhar for your answer, but I wanted such setting for Test Script which we add under Test Case, above link is giving information about email notification setting for Test execution records which is not what I looking for!

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Mar 12 '20, 9:05 a.m.

Sunil -

When you browse the testcase or Testscript  - you will find on the top right corner - Subscriber option  and this allows you to add the self or your team members. 

Comments
Sunil Lengare commented Mar 13 '20, 12:12 a.m.

Hello Muralidhar

Thank you for your answer, I did not find subscriber option as you are mentioning above,  what i found the options to subscribe is there only for test execution record artifact as per mentioned at https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/r_user_prefs_rqm.html#reference_s2q_y2v_pz

, if that is not what you are referring then can you please show me by inserting your image or link here:

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Mar 13 '20, 5:19 a.m.

The looks Subscriber option not getting displayed for the test scripts for the user (logged in) with could be because - 

The preferences are not set for the same
To do that - 

1. Click on the user (My preferences for Quality Management) 
2. Click on the change Notifications tab.
3. Select By Planning Tab
4. Under that Select - Test script Notifications appropriately for either owner/ Subscriber/ Creator. 

Comments
Sunil Lengare commented Mar 13 '20, 7:37 a.m.

Sorry Murlidhar, but I am not seeing Planning tab under change Notification tab

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Mar 17 '20, 7:33 a.m.

Hi Sunil - 
Can you confirm what view you get when you select the Change Notification tab?

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 17 '20, 7:40 p.m.

what version do you see the notification for test script? I don't think it is available in v6.0.6

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.