It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM for non software

Glyn Costello (14050) | asked Nov 13 '19, 4:58 a.m.

Is anyone using RQM for non software projects? Like machinery or hardware? Maybe in a factory for quality records, inspections, tests, etc. 

If so, how did you get on?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813674) | answered Nov 13 '19, 5:29 a.m.
Hi Glyn,
Yes;  I've applied RQM for clients on the systems/hardware side for testing in Defense, Transportation and Automotive.
This works well however you need to understand more of the detail for RQM to best apply.

My advise;
You need to select / Config the RQM Template to simplify things (take out the software stuff) and also understand your testing strategy,  how to connect to your DNG artifacts (Modules/Views/Collections) to group requirements to be tested against phase/milestone this will support the content for the Test Plan.  Also use RTC to help plan/support,  the development of Test Specs and Defect management.

(think I sent you a linkedin request - if you want to discuss in more detail)

Matt Muller

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Nov 13 '19, 5:44 p.m.
I've set RQM up many times for non-software - it works really well.

I've even had 'testers' use mobile devices to execute test procedures and they take photos of parts and add them to result steps. I've also had people attach certifications, xray results, simulation results, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.