It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

do token licenses timebomb?

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Feb 19 '20, 3:12 p.m.
edited Feb 20 '20, 7:42 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

We're in the process of negotiations on our token licensing agreements for JAZz and other IBm apps and our renewal date is soon approaching (next month) however we anticipate that the negotiations and contract placement make take longer.  

If our token renewal date expires, will users still be able to continue to work or are our users toast?

One answer

permanent link
Pankaj Dwivedi (11) | answered Feb 20 '20, 8:17 a.m.
Good Day, Norman!

The Tokens carry an Expiry Date of their own which can be read through the license file you are using. Tokens cannot be checked-out past their Expiry Date. Unless the new Tokens are purchased with a newer, future expiry date, ELM and other IBM products will not be able to acquire licenses and, hence, may stop functioning as expected.

Now, the Token renewal date may or may not be the same as the Token licenses Expiry Date. The more important of the two is the Token licenses Expiry Date.

Thanks & Regards!
Pankaj Dwivedi.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Feb 20 '20, 8:36 a.m.

In looking at my license file I have many products listing similar entries like: 

INCREMENT ibmrft ibmratl 7.00002 05-mar-2020   

Am I to assume 5-mar-2020 is the Expiry date? 

Pankaj Dwivedi commented Feb 20 '20, 8:47 a.m.
Yes, that is the Expiry Date for that particular license. Typically, most of the licenses defined in a license file will share the same Expiry Date. Yet, on occasions, there can be different dates for different licenses.

The most important dates for a license file containing Tokens would be the Expiry Dates for the Token licenses. They can be found in the INCREMENT lines that look like below.

INCREMENT TLSTOK ibmratl ...

If there are multiple such license definitions for the license "TLSTOK", all the Expiry Dates should be given due attention.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.