It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User continues to receive e-mails, even after being removed from the project area

Leonardo Benevides (266327) | asked Jan 22 '20, 2:24 p.m.

Even after being removed from the project area on RDNG, users continues to receive emails every time someone makes a comment on an artifact that he created.

I know that there is an option to remove the user from the list at the time of creating the comment, but since the user is no longer part of the project area, wouldn't it be better if he didn't even appear on the list? is there any configuration for this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '20, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Should it be possible to better control who gets e-mail in DNG? Sure. Create an enhancement request: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/how-create-and-manage-enhancement-requests-ibm-rfe-community

Leonardo Benevides selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leonardo Benevides commented Feb 18 '20, 1:22 p.m.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 23 '20, 3:50 a.m.
As far as I can tell, membership of a project is not at all related to e-mail notifications. This is handled on a user ID basis and if the user ID of a user is available in the context of an e-mail notification, it gets notifications, regardless what the project area membership says.

EWM(RTC) has the capability for the user to configure what and when they want to receive e-mail. I searched this forum and from the current answers it appears that DNG does not yet have such a feature. I was also not able to find anything easily in the places that would be logical e.g. the user editor.

Comments
Leonardo Benevides commented Feb 04 '20, 2:01 p.m.

Hi Ralph! tkx for helping.

It´s not the case here to the user which is receiving the notifications to configure or to has the capability to, been choosing what to receive or not.

Our case here is, someone who were part of some project and had created some artifacts in this project and now no longer belongs to the project area anymore.

For every artifact he has created in this PA, every time anyone do a comment (in the comment tab), this user, which no longer belongs to the PA, still receiving an email which informs him that the artifact has a new comment.

In my point of view, even if I have created an artifact, if I'm not part of the PA anymore, I must stop receiving any type of information from the PA.

Am I right?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '20, 2:14 a.m. | edited Feb 05 '20, 2:16 a.m.

You express a point of view which is just your personal. If the tool is implemented that way is a completely different matter. I can not find any hint that supports your assumption. I can find hints that DNG does not support configuration of e-mail notification for each user. There have been work items asking for this but I can not find any hints that this would have been implemented. Even if, I can not find any hint that project area membership has anything to do with it. You also do not have to be a member of any project area to see requirements. All you would need is a license and the access settings for the project area needs to be set to everyone.

Leonardo Benevides commented Feb 06 '20, 9:35 a.m.
comment in DNG artifact Hi Ralph,

I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I am talking about. Marcelo tries to better explain the case and he is on the right track of our problem here.

The screenshot, shows that the artifact was created by Adriano. He no longer belongs to the JKE Banking project. If I create a comment in this artifact which he has created, the field Directed to: is automatically filled  with his contact (email), in order to send him an update.

Our concern here is, even if someone have created an artifact, if he/she doesn't belongs to the PA anymore, he/she wouldn't be supposed to receive any notification, unless I manually include their contact in the directed field.

permanent link
Marcelo Lopes (11) | answered Feb 06 '20, 7:43 a.m.

Hi, Ralph and Leonardo!
I guess this question was a bit misunderstood. The problem here is that when someone create a comment in an artifact, by default the user who created this artifact is automaticaly still listed as recipient in recipient field, even he is no longer a member of project area of this artifact.

In my point of view, an improvement item is that the recipient field be empty and the user selects the recipients manually when creating a comment.

Could you verify that?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.