It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I build a report, JRS report, using GCM to show a full DNG module with all artifact types & links to Test Cases

Janet Ghareeb (1112) | asked Jan 07 '20, 3:40 p.m.

I'm trying to generate a JRS Report on a GCM enabled project.  

I want to run this report from a Baseline for only 1 Module e.g. a Customer Requirements Module = 34321.  I want it to include all the module artifacts e.g. Heading, Information, & Customer Requirements.  The Customer Requirements have trace relationships from Customer Requirements with "Validated By" to Test Cases.  

We are using version 6.0.6.1 iFix6.

I can only get this report to run where Requirements=Customer Requirements.
Is this possible to run the report so that it returns all the module artifacts?

2 answers

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Jan 07 '20, 5:24 p.m.
Hi Janet,
Did you try starting with the module itself? 
Requirement Collection > uses > Requirement > validated-by > QM Test case
If it's specifically for "Customer requirements" modules, I'd use that specific type of Requirement Collection.

Also, assuming there are no test cases for Headings/Information artifacts, make sure the 'validated-by' relationship is optional - otherwise, you get only the requirements that have a test case. Which could also cause what you're seeing.

Comments
Janet Ghareeb commented Jan 08 '20, 12:53 p.m.

HI Kathryn, I've been trying to get this to work.   It's not returning consistent data and the structure of the Module isn't being retained.  If you send me your email; I'll send you the exact screen shot of the JRS Query. 

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Jan 08 '20, 1:57 p.m.
Hi Janet, unfortunately the JRS report won't replicate the structure/hiearchy of the module. It should include all the module artifacts, but not necessarily in the order they appear in the module. To control the formatting to replicate the module structure, you'd need PUB (formerly known as RPE), which produces document-style reports.

Inconsistent results is another story.  You can me the screen shot at fryerk@ca.ibm.com.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.