It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you remove RLKS from JAZZ Team Server License Management?

Dano Currie (51109) | asked Dec 21 '12, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I installed the CLM 4.0.1 server and the IBM Rational License Key Server, configured JAZZ to use this external license server.
Trying to work with DOORS Next Gen. I installed and activated DNG Trial Licenses, assigned to the user "demo" (among other licenses). I don't have any TOKEN DNG licenses in the RLKS. When I log on with the DNG rich client, it connects but fails. The JAZZ server log shows
 HTTP/1.1 401 CRJZS0360I message and the DNG Rich Client just refreshes the blank log-in screen.

I suspect the JAZZ server is trying to go to the RLKS first and wanted to remove it. However, in the JAZZ Admin > License Management area, there is no X action to remove that server.  So first, am I working the wrong problem and second, shouldn't there be an ability to remove RLKS from License Management?

One answer

permanent link
Petru Acsinte (1311) | answered Jan 10 '13, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

If the user you're using to login has a trial license (non token) assigned to it, the RLKS server is not used. Please make sure that:
1) the user has the Analyst or Contributor CAL assigned (not the token variant)
2) the user is member of at least one project area that you are trying to access and it has at least a Commenter role
3) try to connect using that user in the web client and see if that works
If you still cannot login, please post your latest observations here.

Comments
Dano Currie commented Jan 14 '13, 3:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Petru,
Thanks for responding. I actually wanted to take the reference to the RLKS out of the JAZZ team server, not work with the keys. I didn't see how to remove a specification for an RLKS once it's in there. This might be important if the host on which the RLKS runs is changed,
Separately, I would like to have used the DOORS NG trial license, and thought the RLKS would get in the way, but the DNG client didn't succeed in connecting.

Petru Acsinte commented Jan 14 '13, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Considering that RLKS would be configured only in the presence of token-based licenses, removing the RLKS is not supported (we could not identify a use case that would justify that). However, you should be able to edit the RLKS information so that if the RLKS host changes, to be able to make use of a different machine with a different configuration.

Petru Acsinte commented Jan 14 '13, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you manage to establish a connection? What do you mean by DNG client, do you mean the rich client, web or both? You should be able to use the regular trial licenses in parallel with the token-based ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.