It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG 6.0.3 ifix008 - which ReqIF version is being used?

Adrian Haw (2741041) | asked Nov 13 '17, 4:40 a.m.
edited Nov 13 '17, 5:14 a.m.

I cannot find the information online - which version of ReqIF is being used in DOORS NG 6.0.3 ifix008 (1.0.1, 1.1 or 1.2)?

We want to exchange data with a supplier using another tool. The other tool supports ReqIF 1.1 - when I send them a ReqIF from DOORS NG 6.0.3 ifix008 they can see the modules being sent but are not able to read the content into their database. This probably indicates a version incompatibility, therefore I need clarification on which version is being used by DOORS NG 6.0.3 ifix008. Note: the ReqIF file itself contains the tag <REQ-IF-VERSION>1.0</REQ-IF-VERSION> but that is an ancient version that seems to be IBM-specific.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Hards (1) | answered Nov 13 '17, 7:35 a.m.
I can confirm the problem your supplier is experiencing is not related to the version of ReqIF used.

The only difference between the 3 versions of ReqIF currently published (1.0.1, 1.1, 1.2) are in the text that accompanies them, where some passages were clarified. DNG supports these versions, and includes the 1.0 version identifier in the exported packages as you have seen. Note that 1.0 was the version number given to 1.0.1 before it had to be renumbered as part of the standardisation process.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.