It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with RTC Connector and RTC Editor Integration: Non-Interactable Links in Task Description

Joshua Grady (111) | asked Oct 25 '19, 11:36 a.m.
edited Oct 29 '19, 10:52 a.m.

Hello,

I have been investigating an issue where platform links and urls in my task descriptions are not interactable or clickable. They just show up as plain text. In my research, all this relates to the RTC Connector plugin, Mylyn, and RTC Editor component.

I have seen in Trac integrations that they use a more native client approach which works for them. 

I am setting out to make calls to RTC Editor in a native form to display the task attributes to view/modify. I have one investigation looking at me grabbing the attributes and the editor presentation. The other looking into what similar integrations with how they use the native RTC Eclipse Client. 

I was curious if anyone has ran into this situation before and had any insights or workarounds to it.

Edit: 10/29
I guess more simply put, we are trying create an embedded native RTC Editor within a Eclipse plugin client and was wondering if it was possible to do things like make create and edit calls to work items from within the client. We were wondering if anyone had any related experience or insights to share.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 29 '19, 3:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not understand a bit.  

Joshua Grady commented Oct 29 '19, 10:53 a.m. | edited Oct 29 '19, 10:53 a.m.
I guess more simply put, we are trying create an embedded native RTC Editor within a Eclipse plugin client and was wondering if it was possible to do things like make create and edit calls to work items from within the client. We were wondering if anyone had any related experience or insights to share.

Ralph, I please see the edit I made, sorry for the confusion.  

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 29 '19, 11:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RTC SDK ships all the Eclipse code. This is the PDE code as well as the Java API.

If you set up the RTC Extensions Workshop you can look into the code.  How to start with this kind of context can be found here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/

You can also use the RTC API e.g. to access the attributes of work items and to see how the data is encoded. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.