It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Excel Import Utility - How to differentiate Module Artifact to Base Artifact

Parameswaran V (10018) | asked Sep 05 '19, 9:00 a.m.

I have seen that within the Excel Import utility from 6.0.6, we can import the test cases, with Requirements ID's within the Excel - and while importing, the utility establishes link between the test case and DNG artifact.

However i have the following question.

Within DNG - an ID - could be a 'Base Artifact' or a 'Module Specific Artifact'.

Is there an option within the Excel import Utility to choose a 'Module Artifact'?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 09 '19, 6:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Parameswaran,

You can try 'LinkExisting' and specify module artifact URL Please refer Linking test artifacts with existing RM requirement artifacts - Using configuration file syntax

Regards,
Mehul
Parameswaran V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Parameswaran V commented Oct 11 '19, 1:59 p.m.

Thank you Mehul. It worked. However, as a suggestion, i see a need for having option to select a Base or Module level artifact via ID. You know, getting URL for each requirement in an excel is very tedious.

We can have an option to say: ID(Module ID), ID(Module ID) in the excel. If the braces are not there - it is planed for a 'Base Artifact'. However if there is a brace - the engineer intends to link it to a 'Module Level Artifact' within a 'Module ID'. 

I am not sure, if you already have a plan for such improvement - however its highly needed.

Thanks again. 

Mehul Patel commented Oct 13 '19, 9:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Parameswaran V commented Oct 15 '19, 9:26 a.m.

Cool. Thank you. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.