It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Excel Import Utility - How to differentiate Module Artifact to Base Artifact

Parameswaran V (443) | asked Sep 05, 9:00 a.m.

I have seen that within the Excel Import utility from 6.0.6, we can import the test cases, with Requirements ID's within the Excel - and while importing, the utility establishes link between the test case and DNG artifact.

However i have the following question.

Within DNG - an ID - could be a 'Base Artifact' or a 'Module Specific Artifact'.

Is there an option within the Excel import Utility to choose a 'Module Artifact'?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (8394) | answered Oct 09, 6:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Parameswaran,

You can try 'LinkExisting' and specify module artifact URL Please refer Linking test artifacts with existing RM requirement artifacts - Using configuration file syntax

Regards,
Mehul
Parameswaran V selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Parameswaran V commented Oct 11, 1:59 p.m.

Thank you Mehul. It worked. However, as a suggestion, i see a need for having option to select a Base or Module level artifact via ID. You know, getting URL for each requirement in an excel is very tedious.

We can have an option to say: ID(Module ID), ID(Module ID) in the excel. If the braces are not there - it is planed for a 'Base Artifact'. However if there is a brace - the engineer intends to link it to a 'Module Level Artifact' within a 'Module ID'. 

I am not sure, if you already have a plan for such improvement - however its highly needed.

Thanks again. 

Parameswaran V commented Oct 15, 9:26 a.m.

Cool. Thank you. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.