It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading ibm WAS, HTTP webserver 8.5.5.10 to 9.0

Kunal N (872361) | asked Aug 20 '19, 7:36 a.m.
edited Aug 20 '19, 7:36 a.m.

Hi All,

We need to upgrade IBM WAS 8.5.5.10 to 9.0. We have went through the documentation for this and seems like the steps involves installation of WAS 9.0  and then migrating configuration from existing WAS 8.5.5.10. I have questions around ibm HTTP websever that is installed within WAS.

We have two servers Production and staging. IBM WAS is installed on both servers for CLM. We are planning to first upgrade WAS on staging and then on Production. Now the problem is we have two instances of IBM HTTP webserver for both production and Staging installed on staging server WAS. So considering this if are to upgrade Staging server WAS, I believe the down time will be required for production server CLM because the HTTP server for production is installed within Stagging WAS. Could anyone confirm if my understanding is correct ?

Thank you,
Kunal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 20 '19, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have a staging and a production system separated to be able to test stuff on one without impacting stuff on the other. 

So you should have two completely separate systems and you do not want to share anything between these environments.

If this is not the case, I would suggest to fix the dependency asap.

Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kunal N commented Aug 21 '19, 2:10 a.m.

Thanks for your response.

Yes we should be having completely  separate systems for Prod and staging server however in our case the HTTP webserver is installed within Staging WAS.  We will look into fixing this dependency.

Thank you,
Kunal

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.