It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC compare broke in Eclipse Simrel 2019-06 after updating

Mark Kocsis (12) | asked Aug 13 '19, 10:59 a.m.
edited Aug 13 '19, 11:00 a.m.

I am running Eclipse Simrel 2019-06  version 4.12.0.20190614-1200. I use the RTC 6.0.6 plugin. I have found that updating either the WebSphere 8.5.5 tooling or XRebel breaks the RTC compare. Unistalling the plugins does not fix the problem. The following error is thrown:

An internal error occurred during: "Initializing Compare Editor for CommonCodeNames.properties".
loading constraint violation when resolving method "com/ibm/team/repository/transport/client/RequestResponsePair.<init>(Lorg/apache/http/client/methods/HttpRequestBase;)V" : loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader@93515593" of class "com/ibm/team/scm/client/content/BasicVersionedContentManager" and loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader@91a0a902" of class "com/ibm/team/repository/transport/client/RequestResponsePair" have different types for the method signature

The versions of the plugins that work:

IBM WebSphere® Application Server traditional V8.5 Tools 19.0.300.v20190326_1423 com.ibm.websphere.wdt.st.v85
ZeroTurnaround JRebel Eclipse Plug-in 2019.1.1.RELEASE org.zeroturnaround.eclipse.feature

I think there is a later, but not latest, version of XRebel that works as well. I don't add a lot of plugins, so these are the only two I know of that cause the issue. I did test the plugins independently.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '19, 5:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure how the forum could help on this one. 

Mark Kocsis commented Aug 14 '19, 6:24 a.m.

Understood, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. If they haven't then maybe it is a combination of plugins I have and not directly caused by the two I have narrowed it down to. After discovering the issue I copied a another instance of Eclipse I have. There were already some plugins installed including XRebel and WAS 8.5.5. tooling. I then tested it by updating one of them and seeing if the problem arose. Rinse and repeat with the other one. I haven't started with an instance of Eclipse that only had the RTC plugin installed. I guess I could test this scenario. Installing the plugins one at a time. 

In any case, I'm not sure if this is an Eclipse or a RTC issue.

Also, though I did a lot of searches, I thought maybe I missed something and it was a known issue. If so, it is possible someone would point it out. I guess I just won't update any plugins for the time being. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.