It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration beetwen RTC and TFS

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Aug 07 '19, 10:43 a.m.

Hi there,

I would like to know if is there any way to import artifacts from TFS SCM to RTC SCM directly.
Is there any kind of integration like that?

Thanks in advance.

Luiz Cesar.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.5k217) | answered Aug 24 '19, 10:20 p.m.
You have to do this as a double bounce - export the TFS repository to a Subversion repo, and then import that into RTC.

I've already answered this question before on these forums - do a search and you can find links and articles etc.
Luiz Almeida selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Aug 25 '19, 9:22 p.m.

Hi Davyd,

The way you suggested the migration is only of the artifacts, but not of the change history, right?

Davyd Norris commented Aug 25 '19, 9:50 p.m.
tfs2svn includes change history, or at least version history on files. Just like RTC, the SCM and the CM components are linked but separate, so if you want the change requests you have to do those separately.

It's an old project now, you may need to read these other articles:

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 08 '19, 1:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would look at Tasktop. They might be able to synchronize work items. https://www.tasktop.com/integrations/microsoft-team-foundation-server

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Aug 23 '19, 4:34 p.m.

Thank for the help Ralph.

But I think Tasktop is just to synchronize workitems. In SCM level I think Tasktop does not works.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 24 '19, 10:04 p.m.

My understanding is that you are correct ... Tasktop does nothing with versioned files. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 09 '19, 3:43 a.m.

My bad, I thought about work items only. Tasktop does not provide support for SCM systems. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.