It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why implementation request option in DOORS 9 x RTC only allows to Sync?

Adolfo Brandao (60148) | asked Jun 16 '15, 8:36 a.m.
Hello All, 

I have DOORS 9 and RTC 5 integration set up and it worked before. Now, when I right click a requirement in a module with the configuration template set up and turned ON, the only option inside the "Implementation Request" menu item is the "Sync" option.

Also, when I try to create a new configuration template, the tab/step for configuring requirements implementation is not there.

I dont know if it has to do with the issue but the only clue I have is a message in the DWA log saying: <16-Jun-2015 08:30:18> [http-8443-7] WARN  com.telelogic.festival.generalservices.licensing.common.impl.LicenceManagerImpl  - Failed to acquire suitable Licence for user [xyz] and package [TRS_DOORS] in session [TRSf0f456f7-92d9-4b04-9322-118e5231c2f3]

Whats wrong? Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Jun 16 '15, 8:41 a.m.
Hi Adolfo,

I guess you upgraded your DOORS client?  It was moved to the standard right click- Links menu.   That reads from the OSLC-Remote Services tab.   If you only use IRs, you don't have to use a configuration template any more.  

(That message is not relevant and actually DWA is not involved here - it goes directly to RTC.  That message is relevant if you are using RELM.  )

Maeve

Adolfo Brandao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adolfo Brandao commented Jun 16 '15, 9:26 a.m.

Hello Maeve, thanx for the answer.

I see. Actually, that was exactly what I took for a workaround. What about the IR Attrs View? I see the attributes for this IR I raised from the usual links menu are empty. These attributes are no longer relevant?

Best regards!

Adolfo Brandao commented Jun 16 '15, 10:17 a.m.

Another difference I noticed is that when right clicking the out link indicator on the requirement and hovering the created implementation request it previously showed the "IR" in front of the "Task XXX". Now, it doesnt show the "IR" anymore. This is no problem, but made me think something was wrong. I am just saying this to ask if the "implementation request" workflow remains working the same as before. Does it?

Maeve OReilly commented Jun 16 '15, 10:35 a.m.

Hi Adolfo,

the fact that there were two ways to create the links (with as you note different conventions) was confusing and it was decided to have only one, and to align it with the regular Links menu.  This also made it consistent with how links were created from RTC.  The old menu was legacy - it came from DOORS-Change and predated OSLC.  So IR Attrs is gone - there is however OSLC CM layout dxl you can use.  And there are plans to make it easier to pull more RTC data to DOORS views - to make it configurable.  That hasn't happened yet though. I hope this year. 
The RTC workflow is not impacted.  
Maeve

Adolfo Brandao commented Jun 16 '15, 11:13 a.m.

Very well. Thank you very much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.