It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing a Spreadsheet

john smith (112) | asked Jul 14 '19, 8:24 a.m.
edited Jul 14 '19, 8:46 a.m.
 I'm in a Module, trying to import a spreadsheet. I've done this many times 2 years ago.

The Help file says use the Artefact menu. Cant find it. Spent 60 minutes. Help file has no screenshots.

If I right click on the Module in some other screen, I get a menu that has Import Spreadsheet, Link by Attribute (which is what I need next and is greyed out), but no Import Spreadsheet.

I am filling in for someone else on my project. They enter all the data. No one else will touch NG. I can see why.

3 answers

permanent link
john smith (112) | answered Jul 14 '19, 9:52 a.m.
 I seem to recall this happened 2 years ago as well. It cost the project a day while it was being figured out. I was an access issue.

I was setup as administrator before as well, but there is a switch somewhere that has to be set. If this is the problem, it should have been fixed by now after 2 years ...

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Jul 14 '19, 12:33 p.m.
Hi John,

There are a couple of ways to bring up the spreadsheet import window.

1 way is to click on the blue 'create' button.

Then select 'csv' option

This then gives you the option to import to a module or just import as loose artifacts in a folder.

permanent link
john smith (112) | answered Jul 14 '19, 7:25 p.m.
Thanks Sean, what are you doing skulking about the Forums at 3 am.

It threw me. The help says its the Artifact menu, not the create menu.

I wasn't looking to create anything - import requirements against an existing module.

Hopeless tool, poor documentation.

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.