It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

UML Diagrams in Doors NG

Hannes H. (441019) | asked Dec 13 '17, 5:13 a.m.
edited Dec 13 '17, 5:17 a.m.

The diagram editor in Doors NG has only poor UML functionality. Which options do I have to create more complex UML-Diagrams?

I already found out that Rhapsody and IBM Rational Software Architect Designer can integrate with Jazz but only over IBM Rational Design Manager. The configuration seems to be complicated. Another disadvantage is that diagrams can only be linked and are not visible within a module.

Do you have better solutions?

Comments
Cliff Gardiner commented Dec 15 '17, 5:04 a.m.

Hi Tom, HCL have taken on development and support of RSAD and they have a new product called Design Room to replace RDM.  I've seen a beta of the read-only version which I think is now GA, and a 'live' version that supports some editing is in beta.  This may help:  http://www.devops-community.com/beta-designroom2017.html

and I'm sure hcl.com will provide more product information.

My company intends to take a closer look as and when we move to CLM 6.  I wouldn't waste your time with RDM and I think Design Room needs 6.0.n so I guess your options will be limited by your CLM version.  Good luck! 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.