It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Internet Browser Version and DNG Web Client?

Jessica Collyer (467) | asked Jun 20 '19, 9:17 a.m.

Has anyone noticed any differences between using Firefox (or Chrome) 64 bit vs Firefox (or chome) 32 bit and the DGN Web Client? The system settings for DNG says to use 32 bit, but I would imangine it would still work with 64 bit.  I have been noticing a lot of errors from DNG when I use Firefox 64 Bit, and fewer when I use Chrome 32 Bit - but I'm not sure if the reduction of errors is from using the 32 bit version, or network issues. 

Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 20 '19, 10:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
Can you post the reference that says use 32 bit?
and
Can you post the version of DNG being used?

I use Firefox Quantum v67 64 bit with DNG and Chrome 64 bit.  And just mentioning "errors" is way too vague. It can be not browser-related.

I have always advised customers to use FF or Chrome vs IE for DNG.

Here is the link I used for Web Browsers and DNG v6.0.6.1

I typically use this page as my starting point, https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements606
you can find pages for your releases by modifying the end number after the word 'CLMSystemRequirements'
Jessica Collyer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jessica Collyer commented Jun 20 '19, 2:58 p.m.

<o:p> </o:p>

We are currently using DNG 6.0.3 I am also experiencing network problems, so it is hard to tell what is an issue from using 64 bit and what is an issue from the network. I am getting a lot of time out errors, and it is really slow. have you noticed any performance difference using the 64 bit?

Rosa Naranjo commented Jun 20 '19, 8:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only mention I see about 32 bit is regarding a very narrow specific use case regarding graphical editors.
Namely this note: The RDNG Graphical Editor is supported on Windows only using Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode or Firefox in 32-bit mode (ONLY):"
Otherwise, I would expect you to use 64 bit and the browsers listed in this screenshot

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.