It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE : How to retrieve DNG artifacts linked to an execution step?

khouri joelle (1316) | asked Jun 17 '19, 11:10 a.m.

I would like to create a report for a test plan with all test cases, and for each test case, the execution results, with requirement attached to each step.

I tried to do that but it does not work?

Has somebody already do that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852654) | answered Jun 17 '19, 3:18 p.m.

I have run a similar, but more complex report that will list all test cases for a test plan.  Under each test case, it lists the test script info plus script steps.  For each script step that has a requirement linked, it will output the result.  Since we have multiple builds and environments, it will output only the last execution for that test plan and will do so for each environment tested.  Obviously more complex than you need, but it works.  What is not working with your template?

Comments
khouri joelle commented Jun 18 '19, 3:45 a.m.

Hello Janet,

in fact I think I want to do exactly the same report than the yourth. The problem is that no requirement is displayed at step result even if there are of course some requirements linked.

No error BUT the field is empty....

Janet Charbonneau commented Jun 19 '19, 1:52 p.m.

I am only outputting the execution result information for the step, not the requirement. Our test scripts list the requirement in the test script step.  Are you getting any of the execution result information and just missing requirement information or are you getting no information at all for the execution results?

khouri joelle commented Jun 20 '19, 10:05 a.m.

I get all information about the step result, excepted Requirements

Janet Charbonneau commented Jun 24 '19, 2:02 p.m.

Since I am not outputting the requirement information from the step result, I had to modify my report to experiment with it.  I was able to output the href for the requirement using feed/entry/content/executionresult/stepResults/stepResult/requirement/href.  See if you can at least output that href from your execution result.  If so,  then I would recommend creating another Data Source Configuration using a DNG Text schema type.  Then pass that requirement URI as the URI in the Dynamic Configuration of that Data Source Configuration. Then you should be able to pull any information you want from that requirement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.