It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Report builder to display all projects? and other DNG issues..

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked May 28 '19, 2:44 p.m.

Running 605 ifix10.   Distributed deployment , Oracle backend

A user has a problem displaying DNG artifacts within a folder to include Used in Module column.  The query times out and does not populate the used in columm.

The folder in dng lists 739 artifacts but with the additional Used in Module column the query times out. We've already set the Web ui and client timeout setting to the max:  Web UI 120000, client timeout 110000.

As a work around, tried to create a report from within the project, the report Add artifacts only returns a count of 704 artifacts within the folder.  Why the different counts - 739 verses 704? I also tried a different method but it only returns 727 artifacts...

As for Report builder , when I try are create a new report - not all project areas are listed. Why is that?  The project i need is not listed to select. I've ran the 2 DCC jobs Jazz Foundation Services - Project Area with no change in RS listed project areas.

One answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered May 28 '19, 7:37 p.m.
Not sure about your first question, but regarding the second one, you will only see the projects where you are explicitly a member. Check that you're a team member of the project (not just a project area administrator), and add yourself if not.

If you do have to add yourself, you'll also need to run the data warehouse secondary jobs to adjust the permissions in the DW. We found this out recently when we changed permissions on users and they could still see data until the second set of jobs ran at 3am that evening. The primary jobs don't include the permissions one.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented May 29 '19, 8:52 a.m.

Thanks for the input but this does not appear to be the case or there is a flaw in my logic. I'm trying to run these as the Jazz adm account. Using this account in RS i see projects , mostly CCM ones and very few RM & QM ones where should be many more. In most cases the Jazz admin account is not a member of any projects either as a member nor project admin.  I did verify a few RS listed PAs and noted that the Jazz admin account is not referenced as a member or admin.  I also ran all DCC jobs with no change in RS listed PAs. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.