It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

promotion after build

Fons Maathuis (25215) | asked May 21 '19, 8:20 a.m.
edited May 22 '19, 1:54 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi all,

With RTC 6.0.6.1 we're able to use specific baselines from components from other streams for building. An example, in project COMMON we have a component COM_COPYBOOKS which contains copybook ABC.cpy. The project has an O-stream, a R-stream and a S-stream. In project TEST we have a component TEST_COBOL which contains the cobol-module TESTFILA.cbl. As we want to use the files in the COM_COPYBOOKS compontent that resides in the R-stream, we have configured a build-workspace with the COM_COPYBOOKS from the R-stream as an incoming flow. In the build-definition we've selected the 'consider additional flows when resolving dependencies'.
Changing and building the record ABC.cpy in the COMMON O-stream doesn't affect the modules in the TEST O-stream. But then this change is promoted to the COMMON R-stream, it becomes a change for all modules that are using this copybook in the TEST O-stream. 
So when I do not make any changes to the TESTFILA.cbl module, the build-agent sees the changed ABC.cpy record as it has been promoted to the COMMON R-stream. It gets built, which is fine. But now I want to promote this implicit change to TEST R-stream. We want to use work-item promotion, but I can't get a work-item connected to the build-result from TESTFILA.cbl. The module itself isn't changed. 

Does anybody has a solution for this, apart from builing TEST R-stream? 

thanx
Fons

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.