It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When editing 'Configuration Metadata' for a data source, is there a limit to the size of the list of artifacts displayed in the report resource?

Nathan Hoburn (1719) | asked Apr 17 '19, 3:19 p.m.

I have an RPE template that I plan on using as a reporting resource in several RQM project areas. This template has a parent data source of Test Case. I have the Configuration Metadata for this data source set to display the list of all test cases to choose from. However, I am running into a problem with the number of test cases that are being displayed in the list. For the project area I am testing the report resource in, I have over 2000 test cases. The display list is only showing a few hundred of these test cases when the report resource is run. 

Is there a limit to the number of test cases or any artifact type that can be shown in the 'Display' list? 

Rational Publishing Engine 6.0.6
Jazz 6.0.6 iFix007

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 18 '19, 6:18 a.m.

I am not aware of any UI limitation (number of items in the drop down) or limitation from RQM. Can you check how many testcases are listed when you try testcase feed URL in a browser?

Comments
Nathan Hoburn commented Apr 18 '19, 10:58 a.m.

Are you referring to the Request URL?

https://<server>:443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project area UUID>/testcase

When I use this URL, I am getting a list of test cases via XML script. I have no way of knowing how many are shown here since it is just a wall of text. 

Is there another URL I should be using to see the test case list in a browser?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 19 '19, 6:33 a.m.
Yes. You can try https://<server>:443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project area UUID>/testcase?fields=/feed/entry/content/testcase/title in browser and see how many testcase feeds are listed.
You can try out the same scenario in RPE and check if the issue is seen in RPE as well:
1. Edit metadata configuration, use actual server and project area names instead of ${public} and ${projectAreaUUID}

2. In Launcher, right click on data source and choose "Configure using Metadata". After authentication, you will see the testcases in the drop down.

Nathan Hoburn commented Apr 22 '19, 3:54 p.m.

Thank you for the information. 

When I try the first URL described in a browser, I get an un-formatted XML list of feeds. I will need to format it to be able to see how many are actually listed. When I try to display the list in RPE Launcher I get a Configuration Layer window saying no data returned for the configuration metadata associated with TestCase. When I tried to use the direct server name and actual project area name in the Request URL, I received a configuration layer error. When I used the direct server name and project area UUID, I got the message saying no data returned. 

A work around to this issue would be to allow for the user to filter by test case name or test case ID, instead of having to scroll through a large list. What adjustments would I need to make in the configuration metadata for this filtering option to display in the report resource?

Your assistance is much appreciated. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.