It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Conditional report output depending on one Attribute (RPE and DOORS)

Hampus Nilsson (3113) | asked Aug 11 '15, 9:49 a.m.

Hello,

I recently started working with RPE (1.1.2.1) and DOORS (9.3.0.5), and questions have arisen.
I have a DOORS project setup using custom created Attributes (or Columns), and I would like RPE to create reports which contents depend on one of these Attributes.

In DOORS, "Groups" (one of my Attributes) is of type Enumeration and the user can select one or several out of the alternatives 'A', 'B' and 'C' to be included in this Attribute.

In RPE, I would like to apply a Filter or Condition working accordingly:
If the "Groups" Attribute includes 'A' for an Object of my DOORS project, RPE should include all Attributes of this Object in the report - would 'A' not be included in "Groups", none of the Attributes for this Object should be included in the report.

My questions: Is it possible to set up Filters/Conditions like this using RPE? If this is possible, am I on the right track or is there another way to implement this feature?

I was trying to insert an image to graphically explain my problem, but it was not possible with a newly created account - hopefully I was able to explain my problem using words alone.

Thanks in advance,
Hampus

One answer

permanent link
Hampus Nilsson (3113) | answered Aug 18 '15, 3:58 a.m.

Hello again,

I was able to solve my own issue by reading the Name and Text from Module/Object/Column into variables.
By storing all variables and then checking the value of the desired variable, I can select whether all variables should be in the output or not.

Thanks,
Hampus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.