It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I report on test cases and requirements that are in a one to many relationship, without repeating test data?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Mar 20 '19, 9:20 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '19, 11:03 a.m.

Hello, I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

I've been teaching myself RPE and JRS for some time trying to figure out the simplest way to generate some given reports. I've been told that exporting JRS reports into RPE templates is very user friendly and functional. Upon exploring this, I've been trying to include tables which show the multiple requirements a single test case can satisfy, however when this information is generated in JRS it must be sorted otherwise the test case data will be repeated for each requirement. I also read on this forum that JRS sorts are not supported when exporting the data and that this is by design.

Is there any possible way to report on a one to many (test case to requirement) relationship without repeating the test case data, in the context of JRS reports exported to RPE or otherwise? Any help is greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Mar 21 '19, 2:49 a.m.

You could gather more information about JRS reporting from this portal - https://jazz.net/forum/questions/261617/how-can-i-report-on-test-cases-and-requirements-that-are-in-a-one-to-many-relationship. - Follow "Trace relationships and add artifacts." section on this portal to know more about Merge options. 

For your specific question about One To Many Relationships from Test Case to Requirements - You may have to generate reports for Test Cases ( not for requirements ), Click the check box - "Enable multiple paths or add other artifacts" and select option "Merge". 

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Mar 21 '19, 8:10 a.m.

Hello,

After starting a report at the test case and and tracing through to requirements, the test case data still repeats over each requirement without applying sorts. Maybe I can be more specific:

The question is how can I report on requirements associated to test cases without the test case data being repeated? 

The answer within JRS is to apply a sort. I'd like to have this sorted in a JRS export, or within an RPE template as that is where the JRS export is to. JRS sorts are not supported once the data is exported. I was told JRS is the easier way to generate reports on this data but it seems that you cannot sort data from JRS exports

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.