It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE: How do I get to a test script step's associated requirement?

Dylan Mansour (21818) | asked Jun 28 '16, 12:17 p.m.
 I'm having problems getting my template to print the requirement associated with a specific test script step.  Any suggestions?  We use DNG for requirements.  

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Jun 28 '16, 1:17 p.m. | edited Feb 04 '17, 5:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dylan, can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean under "havin problems" and which template? Is this out of the box or custom template?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jul 01 '16, 5:38 a.m.
Please find the sample template created to show testcases -> test scripts -> steps (step + expected results + requirement validated). You can use "resources" instead of "text" if you are linking test steps to DNG artifacts that are not of type "text".
You can simply use testscript/steps/step/requirement/summary, which gives the title of the requirement (at the time the link was created). The RPE template becomes simple, but if the requirement title changes, the current title may not be shown in output.

Dylan Mansour selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dylan Mansour commented Jul 01 '16, 9:54 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '16, 10:07 a.m.

Thank you!  The template helps a lot, though it seems to only print the steps that have a requirement linked to them.  

Dylan Mansour commented Jul 01 '16, 10:00 a.m.

I have figured out a way to get it to print out all steps.  Thank you so much for your help :)

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jul 01 '16, 10:04 a.m.

No. It will print all the execution steps irrespective of whether requirement linked or not. You need to add another Keyword data source, to print steps of type Keyword.
Correct. We use https://server:port/rm/publish/resources?metadata=schema to add "resources" data source schema and https://server:port/rm/publish/text?metadata=schema to add "text" schema.

3 other answers

permanent link
Dylan Mansour (21818) | answered Jun 28 '16, 1:53 p.m.
edited Jun 28 '16, 2:01 p.m.
 As in my template won't print out the associated requirement.  I have created a custom template that lists out Test Plan, Test Case, Test Script and Test Steps.  I would also like for the template to print out the requirement linked to each Test Step.  I have tried configuring a Requirement Data Source using testscript/steps/step/requirement as the main container.  Underneath is my data configuration.  Next is my container from my Requirements schema: dataSource/artifact followed by a paragraph with text that is dataSource/artifact/title

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 29 '16, 3:24 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '16, 3:30 a.m.
You can get the URL of the requirement associated with the test step using step/requirement/href, which you should use to configure a data source configuration element (for DNG resources).
Note that if the RQM data source type is Generic XML, you need to explicitly append ?fields parameter while configuring data source. You can set data source type to REST, if you are using RQM 5.0 or higher.

Comments
Dylan Mansour commented Jun 29 '16, 2:01 p.m.

Do you mean I need a container that says-

testscript/steps/step/requirement

then the text that says

testscript/steps/step/requirement/href ?

We are using RQM 5.2 and RPE 1.3

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jun 29 '16, 2:09 p.m.

Yes. You need to insert the query to get requirement href.

Dylan Mansour commented Jun 30 '16, 11:34 a.m.

I would post a picture, but my reputation is not high enough.  Do you have a sample template that achieves this goal that I could see?  What I have does not seem to be working.

Here is my outline:

Container with query: testscript/steps/step/requirement
Data Source Config with DNG Requirements
Container with query: dataSource/artifacts
Text: dataSource/artifacts/title

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jul 01 '16, 5:23 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '16, 5:50 a.m.

This is how the template should be designed. Is the DNG artifact of "text" type? If not, you should use "resources".
Also check the data source URI used for document generation. If you are trying test case feed URL, please use
https://server:port/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/JKEBanking/testcase?abbreviate=false

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jul 01 '16, 7:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dylan, I suggest that you look into updating RPE to 2.1. There has been a number of usability improvements to make life easier, plus other features that allows you to do more with RPE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.