It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - In Test Case and Test Suite we have same attribute, if user updates the attribute values in Test Suite the same would be displayed in the linked test cases automatically

ttgupta Gupta (1518) | asked Mar 18 '19, 7:01 a.m.

Hello,

Could anyone support me that In Test Case and Test Suite we have same attribute, if user updates the attribute values in Test Suite the same would be displayed in the linked test cases automatically.

Awaiting for you reply.
Advance Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 18 '19, 7:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 22 '19, 3:53 a.m.

There is no such automation I am aware of. RQM also does not publish an SDK that would allow to create internal automation. 

Comments
ttgupta Gupta commented Mar 20 '19, 5:38 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for the update.
Just wanted to know that is there any Utilities or RQM API which can be helpful to do the same.

Advance Thank!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 20 '19, 7:10 a.m.
There are very good reasons why this is not done. Performance, redundancy and conflicts.

You might be able to create automation that somehow runs periodically and copies information from one source over to another. No idea what that would do on the server load.

I would suggest to look if reporting can solve that for you.  

ttgupta Gupta commented Mar 22 '19, 12:23 a.m.

Thank you Ralph for your response.

Could you please suggest me which kind of automation do we need to perform?
how reporting can reflect one attribute's value to another attribute?

Awaiting for you response.
Advanced Thanks. 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '19, 3:57 a.m.

Reporting can show values, so you can report the test suite and the test case and the one value you want to show across the items.

Otherwise your question lacks a meaningful business requirement what one would want to achieve with the attribute. It is only a question how to implement a certain question and as such not a requirement which limits the scope of possible answers.

permanent link
misha rajpoot (341) | answered Mar 18 '19, 8:08 a.m.

yes it will display the same name 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.