It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add RDNG to an active directory domain

Shawn Chaney (117) | asked Feb 25 '19, 9:19 a.m.

right now the system reside in it's workgroup domain. I need instructions on how to add it to an enterprise domain in the cloud. When I add the system each of the app servers fail to communicate with each other.

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Feb 25 '19, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
On our deployment wiki we have two guidance articles regarding LDAP depending on what app server you are using for CLM.

It has some Active Directory LDAP examples.

Then there is the WAS documentation like this one for LDAP and Liberty. Also has some AD examples, https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQTP_liberty/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.doc/ae/twlp_sec_ldap.html

Key to a successful transition is guidance from your LDAP administrator on the correct settings for the new LDAP domain.

And as you can see in the deployment wiki articles above, there are two pieces to this.  The app server LDAP setting changes and then the Jazz Team Server updates for the LDAP changes.

Comments
Shawn Chaney commented Feb 25 '19, 10:58 a.m.

The system already is using LDAP and it works fine. My problem is my system is in the cloud and I need to share folders between the JTS and other app servers to successfully upgrade my system from 6.0.3 to 6.0.6. I do a net share or a net view and get no results showing a shared folder in another server in my workgroup domain. I am able to add my servers to my company's enterprise domain but when I do the servers no longer communicate with each other. I can log into the Jazz team server and see my dashboard but that's about it.

Rosa Naranjo commented Feb 25 '19, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I understood that your system is already using LDAP and is working fine.   But it sounded like you needed to change LDAP settings for a change to Active Directory.

Now that I read your comment, it gets more confusing.  How is file system access(net share / net view) so can share files between two systems a DNG or Jazz issue? I understand that you are trying to upgrade from 603 to 606 and would like to share folders but how is that related to the last part "I can login to JTS and see my dashboard and that's it". 

Note that when if you go to the Knowledge Center for 6.0.6 and generate an Interactive Upgrade guide, it is possible to upgrade without having shared folders. That is one of the questions it asks. It asks if you have network share available.

Another question to investigate is what is happening with your JTS and CLM app indices folders.  Where are they located? 
If this is not an LDAP issue, and you say the servers no longer communicate with each other, please look in the logs.

Shawn Chaney commented Feb 25 '19, 11:25 a.m.

I've tried other methods of upgrading with no success. It seems like every time I print out procedures every time I get a different procedure.  I am using procedures that a colleague gave me that worked for his groups upgrade. After I switch my app servers domains to the company' enterprise domain when I log into the jazz team server (front end) the gui shows my dashboard with errors. I think there are other settings that need to be done. If you don't have procedures available to set up servers using an active directory domain that's ok. I am on here to find someone that has done it so I can learn what settings I need to make this work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.