It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Review function in DNG RM 7.0.2 - edit artifacts during review

Isabelle Cornelus (255) | asked Mar 23 '22, 2:17 p.m.
edited Mar 23 '22, 2:18 p.m.

the link below :

defined the review function but in the actual review there is a button to edit artifact.
 I see no user documentation about this menu " edit artifact as part of the review process ".
Is editing artifact during review part of the review process expected ?
One of my reviewer complained they could not edit artifacts during review and I could not provide support whether it was intendedto be frozen or not for the review ?.
Once we close the reviw we were able to edit artifacts again 100%.
We wonder what IBM product requirements are for the function  " review  and edit artifacts " and where this is documentedt in detail with user cases ?
as a side note, I read that  if we pause the review we can update artifacts to latest edition, I wonder if this is automatic and whether there is a menu for this ?
Context - no CM no GCM - only baselines allowed

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Mar 23 '22, 7:05 p.m.
when working in the review, you're presented with a read only version of the artefacts - you can make comments against them but that's it.

This doesn't stop someone from editing the artefacts while outside the review context - you can do this while reviews are still active. I've seen teams edit interactively while reviews are being conducted so that they can end with acceptances from reviewers. I've also seen teams wait until the review is complete before doing all edits and then running the review again. I've also seen reviews run against a baseline where everything is read only and you have to cut a new baselines for a second round review. It all depends on what level of formality is required within a specific project.

The most important thing is to make sure everybody in the review knows your process - the worst thing you could do is have people reviewing against shifting sand and have comments from one person become irrelevant because someone else has picked it up and changed it already. Far better to review against a fixed set, then formally pause and update, and restart
Isabelle Cornelus selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.