It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Save Failed - Error : Post too long"

mathieu hosteing (633) | asked Oct 26 '09, 9:51 a.m.
It tried to create a more-than-88-steps test case, and I got this message when I tried to save it :

The problem is : when I delete some steps, I can still not save the test case. It is odd because I saved regularly before achieving the 88st step.

Is there a limit in the number of steps (or data ?) that we can put in a test case ? Is there an explanation about why I can't save my test case despite I'm deleting the last steps after my last successful save ?

Thanks, Mathieu

One answer

permanent link
Stefan Küppers (3611) | answered Nov 07 '09, 11:57 a.m.
It tried to create a more-than-88-steps test case, and I got this message when I tried to save it :

The problem is : when I delete some steps, I can still not save the test case. It is odd because I saved regularly before achieving the 88st step.

Is there a limit in the number of steps (or data ?) that we can put in a test case ? Is there an explanation about why I can't save my test case despite I'm deleting the last steps after my last successful save ?

Thanks, Mathieu

This error manifests that a page is far too large :-))
Apache Tomcat, by default, sets the maximum size of acceptable HTTP POST request to 2MB.

You can reconfigure Tomcat to accept larger requests. This can be done by increasing the allowable limit or just simply disabling this functionality.
The file you need to edit is <Tomcat>/server.xml. Set the Tomcat configuration parameter maxPostSize for the HTTPConnector to a larger value (in bytes) to increase the limit. Setting it to 0 will disable the size check.
See the Tomcat Configuration Reference for more information.
Regards,Stefan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.