It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User creation in Project and RDM area

Ketan Shah (1151) | asked Oct 26 '09, 9:03 a.m.
Do we have to create user bothin Project and RDM area.
If i create user in Project area and give permission rights, i am not able to login using RRC clien. But if i create in RDM area then i am able to login using RRC client

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 26 '09, 11:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do we have to create user bothin Project and RDM area.
If i create user in Project area and give permission rights, i am not able to login using RRC clien. But if i create in RDM area then i am able to login using RRC client

I suggest creating users in the Jazz Team Server web admin / user management pages. Make sure you assign each user an appropriate RRC license.

Then in the RRC rich client add the users to specific RRC projects, and give them the appropriate project role.

permanent link
Jim Harris (61) | answered Oct 28 '09, 3:04 p.m.
I suggest creating users in the Jazz Team Server web admin / user management pages. Make sure you assign each user an appropriate RRC license.

Please give more details as to how to get to that spot on the Server. I am the creator of all our stuff, and I assigned myself an Author license, and I can run the client and connect to the repository and save all OK, but I see no way to create a new User with Author rights/license.

Better yet, please tell us where the User Manual or Help entry is that covers this, or how we might have found it ourselves.

Then in the RRC rich client add the users to specific RRC projects, and give them the appropriate project role.

I think I can figure out this part, but of course that remains to be tested.

Thanks for any tips.

Jim

permanent link
James Harris (111) | answered Oct 29 '09, 8:42 a.m.
Found it:

Two steps:

--------------------------

1. Set up the Repository User on the RRC Server:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/t_create_users_perms.html

Creating users and assigning permissions and licenses

Use the Jazz Team Server Admin Web UI to create users on a repository server, enter user e-mail addresses and photos, and assign permissions and licenses.
About this task

For information on available permissions, see the topic Permissions and roles.

To create users and assign permissions and licenses:

1. Access the Jazz Team Server Admin Web UI. To do this:
* Open a browser and type the following URL:

https://<hostname>:9443/jazz/admin

where hostname or IP is the value you used when you first installed and configured the server.
2. Log on to the Jazz Team Server with the user ID and password that you used when you first installed and configured the server.
3. At the User Management tab, create a user by clicking the Create User button and then typing a user name in the user name field
user name field image
In addition to the user name, also provide the following information:
* User ID:
Important: The default password assigned to the account is the same as the User ID.
* E-mail address
* Repository permissions. (Example: JazzUsers)
* Client Access License. (Example: Rational Requirements Composer - Author)
4. (Optional) To add a photo of the user, click Browse at the Photo section. Locate a photo image and click Open. Photos are displayed on the User Dashboard and when you hover over names in the Administration project page Members list.
5. Click Save.

Next topic: Adding users to a project on the Administration page

----------------------

2. Give that User desired access in Projects via the RRC Client:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/t_create_users_perms.html

Adding users to a project on the Administration page

Use the Administration project page in the Rational Requirements Composer client to add users to a project and assign project roles.
About this task
You must first create users on the repository server before you can add the users to a project. You must also have an Administrator project role to perform this task. For information on available project roles, see the topic Permissions and roles.

To add a user to a project and assign a role:

In the Rational Requirements Composer client, open the Administration project page.
In the Members list, click Add Member.
In the Add Users window, select a user and a role.
Click OK.
What to do next
The new user can now open the client and create a repository connection with the user ID you created. Use the user ID as the initial password for client access to a repository. The User Dashboard and the Project Explorer only display projects to which the user has membership.

AND

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/t_add_users_proj_admin_page.html

Creating and adding users to projects

You can create users on a repository server, assign permissions and licenses, add users to the project area, and assign process roles by using the Jazz Team Server administrative Web user interface (https://<hostname>:9443/jazz/admin). You can then use the Administration project page in the Rational Requirements Composer client to add users to projects and assign member roles.
Before you begin

To perform these tasks, the Rational Requirements Composer server must be started. Log on to the computer where the server is located.
About this task
Administrators use the Jazz Team Server Admin Web UI to:

* Create a user
* Assign repository permissions
* Assign a Client Access License (CAL)
* Remove a user from a project

Project administrators use the Administration tab in the Rational Requirements Composer client to:

* Add a user to a project
* Assign a member role to a user

Note that this tab only appears to users who have administrative privileges.

For information on using permission and role settings to control user access and capabilities, see the topic Permissions and roles.

For information on configuring LDAP authentication for users, see Managing users with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
What to do next

* Creating users and assigning permissions and licenses
Use the Jazz Team Server Admin Web UI to create users on a repository server, enter user e-mail addresses and photos, and assign permissions and licenses.
* Adding users to a project on the Administration page
Use the Administration project page in the Rational Requirements Composer client to add users to a project and assign project roles.

---------------------

IHTH

Jim

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 29 '09, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please give more details as to how to get to that spot on the Server. I am the creator of all our stuff, and I assigned myself an Author license, and I can run the client and connect to the repository and save all OK, but I see no way to create a new User with Author rights/license.

Go to the jazz team server admin page on your server, as described in this entry in the RRC 2.0 information center:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/t_create_users_perms.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.