It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

trace log setting of RRC Browser Addon for IE

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Mar 26 '14, 2:33 a.m.
edited Mar 26 '14, 2:49 a.m.
Hi

My environment is RRC 4.0.2/4.0.6 with IE10.

In case of IE, which directory is "workspace folder" for IE?
Also which diretory is ".metadata  folder" for IE?

Following article explains about how to get trace log of RRC addon. This article mentions about ff example, but does not mention about IE environment.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1088#Trace__Logging
  • Copy the sample native.properties and trace.options files to the workspace folder that corresponds to your browser. For example, in Firefox, it is: <user home>\IBM\RMAddOn-<version>\ff\workspace
  • The trace files appear in the .metadata folder of the corresponding browser folder previously configured. For example, in Firefox, it is: <user home>\IBM\RMAddOn-<version>\ff\workspace\.metadata
I have installed RRC 4.0.2/4.0.6 addon on IE10 and Firefox17/24. Install directory is C:\Users\IADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.2.0.(and C:\Users\IADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.6.0) But there is no directory which named ie.
My co-worker's env is RRC 4.0.2/4.0.6 with IE8. He has ie directory under C:\Users\IADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.x.0.

My client has a trouble using RRC 4.0.x Addonwith IE. So that I need to get trace logs.
Thank you in advance

Natsumi

Comments
Erica Tran commented Mar 26 '14, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Natsumi, 
The screenshot shows the 4.0.2 add-on directory.  Do you see IE in the 4.0.6 directory?  If not, it looks like the add-on might not have been installed properly. Maybe try to install again. 
Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shuhichi Saitoh (20059) | answered Mar 26 '14, 9:49 p.m.
I installed the RRC 4.0.2/4.0.6 Add-on into the IE 10 in Windows 7, by Administrators group user with UAC (User Account Control) off, I saw the "ie" directory in C:/Users/myuserid/IBM/RM-Addon-version/, as same as the firefox version did.

With the Donald's response above, it seems depends on the UAC settings, if you are using the Windows 7.

Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 26 '14, 9:17 p.m.
The place to look at is as below on my machine:
<user home>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\ProgramData\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.5.0\ie
The reason you see "ProgramData" in the path is that I installed the add-on for "all users". So I would expect you can find the path on your machine as
C:\Users\IADMIN\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\IADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.6.0\ie
I'm using IE 8 on Windows 7, if that matters.

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Mar 26 '14, 9:57 p.m.

Thank you for your answer!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.