It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to update table of contents in RPE template when applied stylesheet is also having TOC.

Anjuri Kelaiya (3732) | asked Jan 30 '19, 3:58 a.m.

I have a stylesheet which contains Table of contents which I am applying in document specification file while generating RPE output. RPE template(.dta) file also contains table of contents.

and the generated TOC output is like,

Table Of Contents:
1. Introduction ---- Stylesheet TOC
 1.1 Scope
2. Purpose ------- Stylesheet TOC
1. Analysis-------- Template TOC
 1.1 Workitems-------Template TOC.

Is there a way to merge both the TOC in such a way that RPE template TOC will start updating  from the number 3, 3.1 instead of again starting from 1?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Feb 03 '19, 4:21 a.m.
Are you printing Section number for the artifacts? If so, you can modify the section numbers (using Script Expression) so that the numbers are incremented correctly.
Ideally you shoud not have Table Of Contents element added in RPE template when your stylesheet already has TOC. The same TOC will be updated for the headings in the whole document.

Comments
Anjuri Kelaiya commented Feb 07 '19, 7:10 a.m.

Thanks for your response Subramanya.

I have removed TOC from the .dta file. 
Now only stylesheet is having TOC but when the template data is added into it, table is not getting updated properly. 
It starts numbering from 1.1 instead of 3.1

Please find TOC output as shown below:
1 Introduction
2 Purpose
3 Analysis
  1.1 Overview

I tested it by applying different heading styles in the template(.dta file) but still no luck.
It is not getting updated as expected.
Please suggest what could be done in this scenario.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Feb 07 '19, 7:20 a.m.

You can refer printModuleBook.doc and printModuleBook.dta within DNG install path.

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Feb 12 '19, 4:54 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for the help. I have figured it out somehow.
Could you please help me with some documents/links for importing word styles(OverviewItem, Headlines etc) in RPE?
I didn't find substantial information online.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.