It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is RTC participant or follow-up action plug-in trigger mechenism?

Albert Yao (5411322) | asked Jan 22 '19, 5:00 a.m.

My RTC version is 6.0.3.

I have developed my own participant plug-in and the plug-in is triggered and works fine as my design when my RTC users do operations in RTC client and web browser's UI under the given and specified condition, just like "create a defect" by filling the UI form manually, etc.
But when I and all other users Create Work Items/Defects in RTC by "Import From CSV File" both in RTC client and web browser, the import succeed, the participant plug-in does not work. The participant does not be triggered and it does not take effect.
Why and What is RTC participant or follow-up action plug-in trigger  mechenism?
To JTS, What is the difference between "create a defect" by filling the UI form and by "Import From CSV File"?
How about advisor or pre-condition plug-in? Is the mechenism similiar to participant or follow-up action?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 23 '19, 4:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Albert,

simply put, I don't know all the details. I can only speak about my experience, what I have gathered so far and some guesses.

The precondition and follow up actions are built into the RTC (client and) server API and framework. They are different things. They are accessible for extending by an extension point each. The extension points are called when specific operations are performed by the (client and) server. What counts as an operation that calls the extension points is part of the code. 

There are different layers in the case that will or will not trigger this mechanism, based on how the code is done. E.g. changing a tracks/contributes to link is done on a layer in the code that does not trigger a work item save operation. 

If your configuration currently triggers your extension for work item save and the import does not, it might be due to the fact that the import does not count as a work item save. There are various reasons, why this could be designed that way.

1. There is a specific permission for import that went into RTC at some point in time.
2. Avoid mass messaging due to import.   

So basically I don't know, but for the reasons above it could be designed that way. You could create an ER or ask support.

Albert Yao selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Albert Yao (5411322) | answered Jan 23 '19, 10:50 p.m.

Hi, Ralph,

Thanks a lot!
It could be designed that way, and I will explain it to my RTC users, anyway.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.