It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Jenkins Integration Error while Triggering the Build

praveen patidar (8613344) | asked Oct 03 '13, 12:06 a.m.

Hello,

I have installed RTC403 with Jenkins 1.533. I was not getting the connection at first then I added / at the end of URL and it works.

What should be the URL and authentication mechanism I need to provide to established secure and successful connection.

while trying to get the Job in build def it is listing the jobs as well. but the moment I select the job there is error occurred in the button same can be visible in the build request error.

If I put only /  it will give me

character reference "" is an invalid XML character.

if I provide /? in the URL then jobs are not getting listed. and the error in the button is changes to  

The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.

============ERROR LOGS ===========

Error starting Hudson/Jenkins build for job "RTC-Jenkinns-POC":

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Error parameterizing the Hudson/Jenkins Job

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildHelper.parameterizeHudsonJob(HudsonBuildHelper.java:190)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.startHudsonBuild(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:239)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.processRequest(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:145)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.run(HudsonBuildLoopRunnable.java:109)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildLoopScheduledTask.runTask(HudsonBuildLoopScheduledTask.java:43)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.async.AbstractAutoScheduledTask.executeTask(AbstractAutoScheduledTask.java:88)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor268.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)

at $Proxy917.executeTask(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.runTask(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:158)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.scheduler.AsynchronousTaskRunner.run(AsynchronousTaskRunner.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonConnectionHelper.readXML(HudsonConnectionHelper.java:294)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonConnectionHelper.getXMLNodes(HudsonConnectionHelper.java:278)

at com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.service.HudsonBuildHelper.parameterizeHudsonJob(HudsonBuildHelper.java:76)

... 15 more

===================================

Thanks in Advance

Praveen

Comments
praveen patidar commented Oct 03 '13, 9:17 p.m.

oh in my post character is not appearing I am changing it by space after each character.

Character reference "& x 1 f  " is an invalid XML character.

5 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Oct 03 '13, 8:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is a defect where RTC used to allow automatic address forwarding in previous releases so something like localhost:8080/hudson would redirect to localhost:8080/hudson/ but does not anymore, so the trailing slash has to be explicit in 4.0.3.  The authenticating user in Hudson also must be allowed to update the build job as we require a build parameter be added to RTC enabled Hudson jobs.  So I would recommend granting those permissions or trying the integration with an Hudson admin user first so it can setup the parameter and then change it to the build user.

~Spencer

Comments
praveen patidar commented Oct 03 '13, 9:16 p.m.

oh in my post character is not appearing I am changing it by space after each character.

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Oct 03 '13, 5:35 a.m.
edited Oct 03 '13, 5:43 a.m.
The URL you give in the build engine is ur Jenkins URL without /
localhost:8080

I would first suggest to try without Jenkins authentication and see if you get the jobs listed in the RTC Build Engine Definition.

Please refer to this wiki page on How to work with Jenkins and RTC
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkinsPlugin

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613344) | answered Oct 03 '13, 8:18 p.m.

Thanks for Answer ,

Actually in our build server(Linux) are not allowed to install using yum i.e. not able to download direct from internet. So what I did is installed tomcat and then Jenkins war in that. Updated default port to 8181.

now I am able to do authentication even I have provided all access to anonymous user as well. so my Build Engine is showing connectivity with or without authentication.

I am able to get Jobs as well. and the error is actually appearing in the job where I have enabled RTC for version control. I have tried with other job not having RTC as version control. The error not appearing in those jobs.

So Authentication and Listing job is fine. as soon as I select job the error appears and that too for RTC enabled jobs only.

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613344) | answered Oct 03 '13, 9:15 p.m.

OK.. so now I disabled all security , then changed the Jenkins ad root application now I am able to connect with http://localhost:8080 both with / and without / but same issue.

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Character reference " &#x1f " is an invalid XML character.

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)

Comments
praveen patidar commented Oct 03 '13, 9:16 p.m.

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613344) | answered Oct 03 '13, 10:12 p.m.

Finally Resolved Issue.

This is because of some stupid character was present in name of build definition that is saved in jobc/<jobname>/config.xml

"& x 1 f  " in the name of build definition. I have traced this via decompiling class and saw what code is actually used by the parse method while getting the job configuration. I saw the config file in text mode. Some character adt Jenkins_build_def in introduced and that is causing the issue.

Pleas mark answer as this is the only causing the exception

===========================

Package com.ibm.rational.hudson.team.internal.serviceHudsonHelper in the plugin com.ibm.rational.connector.hudson.service_1.0.500.v20130508_0252

Public static IBuildDefinition parameterizeHudsonJob(IBuildEngine buildEngine, String jobName, Log log)
    throws TeamRepositoryException

Document document = HudsonConnectionHelper.getXMLNodes(buildEngine, "/job/" + jobName + "/config.xml", "GET");

{

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.