It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Index Provider missing the Load Monitoring option

Deepak Paul John (261) | asked Dec 07 '18, 5:18 a.m.
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a new RTC server with JTS, CCM, DCC, LDX and RS (v6.0.6). I have run in to a strange problem where the Link Index Health Monitoring will not display information like CPU, Native System Memory etc. These are coming from the IBM Health Center application. I verified that the health center startup argument has been configured correctly in the JVM arguments and in fact the default port 1972 is being used. I can also see that the perfmon.out file has been generated and is in use; so don't think it's an issue with the health center.

On comparing the configurations with another server, I could see that the LDX>Administration>LQE Nodes><nodename> was missing Load Monitoring>Port for IBM Health Center option.

Any pointers to what might be causing this?

Regards
Deepak

Accepted answer

permanent link
Deepak Paul John (261) | answered Dec 13 '18, 3:17 a.m.
Hello,
It seems there is some difference between the configuration of LDX>Advanced Properties (Internal) of versions 6.0.4 (the first server I was comparing with) and 6.0.6.

In 6.0.6, there is no configuration for health center port. The main reason why I was looking for this was that under LDX>Health Monitoring>Details, the Native System Memory and CPUs were showing as unavailable.

Later I discovered that in the Advanced Properties, I had to enable two properties:
Monitor Native System Memory Load and Monitor CPU Usage Load. Once these were enabled and LDX restarted, I was able to see the CPU usage and Native memory graphs.

Regards
Deepak
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.