It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.0.1 (I20090914-1300) with 11g R2 (11.2.0.1.0)

William Kennedy (61) | asked Oct 20 '09, 3:19 p.m.
Hitting some snags connecting RTC 2.0.0.1 to Oracle 11g R2.

We're using the bundled 1.5 JRE, and the ojdcb5.jar from the Oracle installation, moved over to the 'JazzServerDir/server/oracle/' directory.

I have the OJDBC driver from the 11g installation on the RTC server - however - on startup we get the following error when launching the Setup app:

CRJAZ0808I The driver "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.

'sh repotool.sh -verify' gives the same CRJAZ0808I error.

The JRE is 'J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3'.

I have tried with the 11g R2 OJDBC drivers for 1.5 from Oracle, as well as the 1.4 driver as suggested in the Jazz installation docs.

Are we treading in unsupported waters here? Maybe milestone release territory?

Thanks

7 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 20 '09, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hitting some snags connecting RTC 2.0.0.1 to Oracle 11g R2.

We're using the bundled 1.5 JRE, and the ojdcb5.jar from the Oracle installation, moved over to the 'JazzServerDir/server/oracle/' directory.

I have the OJDBC driver from the 11g installation on the RTC server - however - on startup we get the following error when launching the Setup app:

CRJAZ0808I The driver "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.

'sh repotool.sh -verify' gives the same CRJAZ0808I error.

The JRE is 'J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3'.

I have tried with the 11g R2 OJDBC drivers for 1.5 from Oracle, as well as the 1.4 driver as suggested in the Jazz installation docs.

Are we treading in unsupported waters here? Maybe milestone release territory?

Thanks

Your guess is correct - 11g not currently supported.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg27015746#DB

gives you the list of supported databases and other bits.

I am not sure if any of the 2.0.0.2 or 3.0 milestones support 11g - perhaps someone from development can comment on this

regards

anthony

permanent link
William Kennedy (61) | answered Oct 21 '09, 11:44 a.m.
RTC is up on 11g.

- Include ojdbc14.jar. This is what eventually provided connectivity, even though the JRE is 1.5, and ojdbc5.jar is present in JazzServerDir/server/oracle/. The createTables.log shows "Jdbc Driver Version: 10.2.0.4.0", and warnings about version checking being disabled.

- Set 'DB version checking' to 'false'

- Shutdown the server

- Run 'repotools.sh -createTables'

Restart the server, and verify everything else!

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 22 '09, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC is up on 11g.

- Include ojdbc14.jar. This is what eventually provided connectivity, even though the JRE is 1.5, and ojdbc5.jar is present in JazzServerDir/server/oracle/. The createTables.log shows "Jdbc Driver Version: 10.2.0.4.0", and warnings about version checking being disabled.

- Shutdown the server

Well done - and thanks for letting us know how you got it running. This is helpful to other people who might want to try this.

anthony

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered Nov 07 '09, 10:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Support for 11g is not on the plan for 2.0.0.2. It's quite likely it will be there for 3.0 however.

permanent link
Ivan Bula (58106) | answered Nov 12 '09, 12:51 a.m.
RTC is up on 11g.

- Shutdown the server

Hi, wjkneon how do yoy this?, sorry im really principiant with this. Where change the option for the db version??, thanks in advance

permanent link
Jorge Iglesias (8176) | answered Jan 29 '10, 4:33 p.m.
In the teamserver.properties add

com.ibm.team.repository.db.override.versioncheck=true

Cheers

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022316) | answered Apr 08 '10, 9:18 a.m.
Support for 11g is not on the plan for 2.0.0.2. It's quite likely it will be there for 3.0 however.

Please can someone from Development confirm if 11g will be supported in version 3 and will it be supported in an Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) configuration?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.