It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I increase the time allowed for a View Export operation in DOORS NextGen 6.0.3?

Jim Spratley (2687) | asked Oct 30 '18, 11:35 a.m.
I am trying to export a view from DOORS Next Gen 6.0.3 which has approximately 4800 rows of requirements data to XLS or XLSX format. When I only include "simple" attributes (i.e. those with a single value), the export works, however as soon as I include a column containing an attribute that has multiple values, the export fails silently.   I can only export approximately 1800 rows with multiple-value attributes included.

I've noticed that the "waiting for <doors URL>" message at the foot of the screen disappears after precisely 2 minutes leading me to believe I'm hitting a timeout limit.

I've increased both the query timeout and Web UI timeout parameters to above 2 minutes, however the "waiting" message still goes after 2 minutes.  

I've also tried increasing LQE timeout properties (though I don't know if they are relevant in this context) - again with no result.

I restarted the underlying Websphere server after each property change to restart the Rational applications.

Any suggestions appreciated

Regards, Jim.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.