It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with DOORS Next Gen tables and RPE

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Mar 14 '14, 5:21 p.m.
We're using DOORS Next Gen 4.0.2 in conjunction with RPE 1.2.  We have people that are creating a variety of different tables within DOORS Next Gen rich text fields, and then sending them to MS Word 2007 using RPE templates.  (The RPE templates are pretty simple; they just print out the rich text field using the Text construct.)  We've observed that, if a table has a column with merged cells, though the table looks fine in the Firefox text editor, when it gets sent to Word via RPE, it looks messed up.  By messed up I mean it gets confused as to what rows and columns go where, and looks all distorted as a result.

We've also observed that, occasionally, tables with rows with merged columns will print out to Word in a screwed up way via RPE.  This happens maybe once in every 25 tables with rows that have merged columns, and the fix is to delete the rows with merged columns in DOORS Next Gen and then recreate them.  So there's a work around for that problem, but not the problem with the columns with merged cells.

Is IBM aware of these issues?  Is it an RPE problem or a DOORS Next Gen problem?  Has it been fixed in later versions of either of the tools?

Thanks,
Joe Gariano

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 16 '14, 7:31 p.m.
It is true that some tables with merged cells are not properly handled in some older versions of DNG/RRC. If you have a chance, test with the latest DNG/RRC 4.0.6, which include quite a few fixes in this area.
79392: Adoption of RRDG 1.2.1 into RRC
Joe Gariano selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Joe Gariano commented Mar 17 '14, 3:27 p.m.

Thanks Donald.  I've asked our IT department when they plan on upgrading to 4.0.6.  Once we get it upgraded, I will test things out in this area and see if things have been fixed.

Joe Gariano commented Mar 17 '14, 3:27 p.m.

Thanks Donald.  I've asked our IT department when they plan on upgrading to 4.0.6.  Once we get it upgraded, I will test things out in this area and see if things have been fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.