It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting on 'Archived' Work Items in JRS

Nathan Hoburn (1719) | asked Oct 29 '18, 8:43 a.m.

Is it possible to build a report on work items that have been archived in JRS? The 'Archived' field was added to RTC in 6.0.5, but it doesn't appear to be available for reporting in JRS. Are there plans to add this attribute to JRS in future releases?

-Jazz 6.0.5 (iFix008)

One answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Oct 30 '18, 3:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '18, 3:19 p.m.

Hi Nathan,

The whole point of archiving something is to remove it from being part of the data set and in that case, it would not be reportable. There is no plan to change this behaviour.

Comments
Nathan Hoburn commented Oct 30 '18, 3:41 p.m.

Hi Fariz,

With that being said, can you tell me why this attribute is available in the RTC tool? When I build a query within RTC, I see an "Archived" attribute available, with the options being 'true' or 'false'. 

Thank you

Fariz Saracevic commented Oct 30 '18, 6:07 p.m. | edited Nov 02 '18, 10:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Nathan,

We need RTC expert to provide input on why RTC Archived attribute is visible in the query. 

Best regards,

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 02 '18, 10:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Whether or not a work item is archived is indicated by a property on that work item.  If the work item is not archived, then you will be able to see this property in a report.    If the work item is archived, you should not be able to see this work item (and therefore not be able to see any properties of the work item, including its archived property).   Therefore the value of the Archived property in all of your reports should always be "false".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.