It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Version Controlling RRC Artifacts.

Nagarjun Chevula (8671) | asked Oct 19 '09, 9:33 a.m.
How to version Control RRC Artifacts? Can they be stored in Jazz Team Server RTC as documents? If yes, how?

Thanks
Nags (nags_chevula@us.ibm.com)

3 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Oct 19 '09, 2:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are asking about the 2.0 Beta...

Every revision you make is stored in the JFS server. When you open an artifact, the header menu contains an action to open the history for that artifact where you can see all the revisions (and even restore an older one if you need to).
In addition, a "snapshot" can be created for a project which allows you to view the contents of the project at a given point in time. This can even be done retroactively by specifying a time in the past when creating the snaphot. That is, I can create a snapshot right now using a time from last month that then allows me to view the contents of the project as it existed at that time.

permanent link
Nagarjun Chevula (8671) | answered Oct 21 '09, 10:50 p.m.
If you are asking about the 2.0 Beta...

Every revision you make is stored in the JFS server. When you open an artifact, the header menu contains an action to open the history for that artifact where you can see all the revisions (and even restore an older one if you need to).
In addition, a "snapshot" can be created for a project which allows you to view the contents of the project at a given point in time. This can even be done retroactively by specifying a time in the past when creating the snaphot. That is, I can create a snapshot right now using a time from last month that then allows me to view the contents of the project as it existed at that time.

Does that mean I can store it in RTC? Eventually I would like to store it in ClearCase using RTC-ClearCase bridge.

Thanks
Nags

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Oct 21 '09, 11:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The artifacts are stored in the JFS-based Composer server. I'm not sure I understand why you want/need to store it elsewhere, but I guess you could export them and store them wherever you like, but that's obviously a point-in-time "snapshot".

Maybe you could elaborate on what you are attempting to achieve by storing the artifacts elsewhere?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.