It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access custom link type by specific role in RTC work item

Rohini Kumar (92853) | asked Sep 17 '18, 8:43 a.m.
edited Sep 18 '18, 6:21 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi All,

I have created custom link type in WI, I want to access this link type by particular role in WI,
Is it possible using server side plugin any other way to achieve mentioned scenario?
Please give me a suggestion on same

Thank You

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 18 '18, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Any role can access any link type. 

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Sep 18 '18, 2:42 a.m.

@ Ralph can we apply restrictions on link type ? is there any way suppose example only manger role attach any work item using custom link type?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 18 '18, 3:05 a.m.

Look into Permissions>Save Work Item>Modify the work item>Modify the work item's links. If you can find the custom link type there, try that. Otherwise you would have to create a custom work item save advisor. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/ for an example and pointers to how to get started.

Rohini Kumar commented Sep 18 '18, 5:43 a.m.
Thanks Ralph ,using above plugin I am getting logged in user but I want to get logged in user role,for that I referred https://jazz.net/forum/questions/199182/how-to-fetch-role-of-a-logged-in-user
but unable to get logged-in user role

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 18 '18, 6:01 a.m.

Use the search field on my blog and search for role to find examples how to get user roles.  There are examples where I calculate the user role(s).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.