It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the Shed and how do I get to it?

Ed Koezly (2631) | asked Oct 16 '09, 10:14 a.m.
What is the Shed and how do I get to it?

2 answers

permanent link
Ed Koezly (2631) | answered Oct 16 '09, 12:01 p.m.
I just noticed a directory, .jazzShed, in my local workspace directory. It has the version of one of the files I changed outside of Eclipse (and did not refresh) which was subsequently overwritten when I accepted a change set containing the file. It looks to be a transient data store because my other workspace doesn't even have the directory.

permanent link
Heather Fraser-Dube (4512) | answered Oct 16 '09, 1:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The shed is a facility that holds contents that have not been checked in and are overwritten. If enabled, it augments Eclipse's local history when working with contents outside of Eclipse. It is indeed the copy that was overwritten. Over time, it will also be eventually cleaned up.

For full details, take a look at the article on Finding Lost Content : http://jazz.net/library/article/191

I just noticed a directory, .jazzShed, in my local workspace directory. It has the version of one of the files I changed outside of Eclipse (and did not refresh) which was subsequently overwritten when I accepted a change set containing the file. It looks to be a transient data store because my other workspace doesn't even have the directory.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.