It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Recommended max heap size on WebSphere (64-bit)?

Daniel Cox (4261168) | asked Mar 21 '10, 8:28 a.m.
Hi All,

I know that the minimum recommended max heap size for RTC 2.0 is 1536MB. I also believe that the general consensus is that anything bigger than 4GB isn't good either. If we have enough available memory is there any reason we shouldn't be at 4GB? For reference - what does jazz.net run on?

Dan.

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 22 '10, 5:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

I know that the minimum recommended max heap size for RTC 2.0 is 1536MB. I also believe that the general consensus is that anything bigger than 4GB isn't good either. If we have enough available memory is there any reason we shouldn't be at 4GB? For reference - what does jazz.net run on?

Dan.

In answer to what jazz.net runs on - take a look at one of the dashboards:

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard

It looks like we are running on 1499 Mb, of 2048 Mb max.

anthony

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Mar 22 '10, 9:57 p.m.
Ahh - there are so many things to know - I've been seeing our customized dashboards for so long I forgot this widget existed and was available on jazz.net.

Thanks!

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 23 '10, 5:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ahh - there are so many things to know - I've been seeing our customized dashboards for so long I forgot this widget existed and was available on jazz.net.

Thanks!

"So many thing things to know" (and one place to go - the forums on jazz.net). Start of a song perhaps, hmm - maybe not :-)

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Mar 17 '11, 6:09 a.m.
Hi All,

Dan.

Yes - RTC on 64 bit WAS should use

100 for initial and

4096 for max heap. (Assuming you have more than 4 GB for you OS)

This is because Java(currently) on 64 bit can handle up to 4 GB of memory.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.