It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC : checkout failure: CRJAZ6053E The 'Save Stream' operation cannot be completed.

Fang Lu (1111) | asked Sep 28 '18, 5:08 a.m.
retagged Oct 01 '18, 12:38 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

I am integrating RTC with Jenkins to extract my source files stored in RTC to the Jenkins work space. I have installed the Team Concert plugin (v1.2.0.5) in my Jenkins and configured the RTC toolkit and RTC Source control management parts for my Jenkins job and both passed test validation. I am using RTC stream for build configuration. 

However, when I run the job, I got the following error:
FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: CRJAZ6053E The 'Save Stream' operation cannot be completed. Permission is required to complete the operation.
Can anyone enlighten me how to solve this problem? Thanks. 

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 30 '18, 1:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How have you configured your Jenkins job?

In particular, what values have you specified for the various configuration parameters described in https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Team+Concert+Plugin#TeamConcertPlugin-JobConfiguration

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 28 '18, 5:33 a.m.
edited Sep 28 '18, 5:34 a.m.
  • Use a repository workspace that flows to that stream for building
  • Make sure the user that is used to run the Jenkins build and access RTC is member owner of the repository workspace, member of the project owning the stream and has all the required permissions on SCM operations

Comments
Fang Lu commented Sep 28 '18, 5:40 a.m.

Thanks for your quick answer, Ralph. 

I am not quite clear about "Use a repository workspace that flows to that stream for building". Could you elaborate? 

I am using my intranet ID to configure the RTC toolkit in Jenkins. I can use my intranet ID to extract files and deliver changes to the RTC stream in the RTC client. Don't know if it means my ID have all the permissions that are needed as you mentioned above. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 28 '18, 7:15 a.m.

For Jenkins, please see:

You can use a repository workspace or a stream to build. 

The build can accept incoming changes and then build on the repository workspace. This is the most typical approach I am aware of. 

Regardless of what you use, it is important that the user ID interacting with RTC has permissions to perform the required operations in the RTC project area(s). 

I have set this up last time some years ago, so I am not sure what creates the connection. Likely the Jenkins Build Engine and the build definition.

In any case, your error message basically hints that there is a permission problem in RTC (save Stream).

Fang Lu commented Oct 10 '18, 11:07 p.m.

I changed to use repository workspace to extract source from RTC, it worked. However, each time I trigger the Jenkins job to extract source from RTC, an RTC source snapshot is created automatically. The snapshot name is <jenkins_job_name>_<build_number> by default. 

Do you know if I can make Jenkins/RTC NOT create a snapshot each time I trigger the Jenkins job? 

Since my account doesn't have the permission for the save stream operation (which is needed for creating a snapshot I guess), I cannot load from a stream. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.