It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM import/export function to Excel/word

Yun Fei San (2111) | asked Oct 16 '09, 1:12 a.m.
Hi there,

I knew in RQM 2.0, there is an external tool which supports to import excel files into RQM, so I wonder that will the word files be supported? and will the functions that export the RQM records to excel/word files be supported?

I think this function is necessary :roll:

Thanks!

7 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 07 '12, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@sarapaddy,
if you are using excel importer, importer the rqms file then you can put the value to Expected Result or Comment if you like.
I would like to know how to enter the values during test script execution
for ex:-

step1 : Enter the Customer Name :

step2: Load the account information.

step3: Verify the customer information for step1 is displayed.

I would like to enter the customer name during test execution.

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Oct 16 '09, 8:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there,

I knew in RQM 2.0, there is an external tool which supports to import excel files into RQM, so I wonder that will the word files be supported? and will the functions that export the RQM records to excel/word files be supported?

Thanks!

Please scroll down or run a search; there are quite a lot of other threads on this forum on the same topic.

The short version: The Word Add-In is planned for inclusion in the 2.0.0.1 release of RQM. 2.0.0.1 is planned for release within the next month.

permanent link
Yun Fei San (2111) | answered Oct 18 '09, 10:56 p.m.
Thank you for your reply,

But do you have the plan to extend the tool for exporting from RQM to Excel/word, I think it is useful.

Hi there,

Thanks!

Please scroll down or run a search; there are quite a lot of other threads on this forum on the same topic.

The short version: The Word Add-In is planned for inclusion in the 2.0.0.1 release of RQM. 2.0.0.1 is planned for release within the next month.

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Oct 19 '09, 1:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you for your reply,

But do you have the plan to extend the tool for exporting from RQM to Excel/word, I think it is useful.

Hi there,

Thanks!

Please clarify: what test artifact(s) do you want to export to Word/Excel?

permanent link
Yun Fei San (2111) | answered Oct 19 '09, 2:24 a.m.
I need the list of test cases with the weight, list of test execution records, list of defects with status, and list of requiremnts to be exported as excel.

And the test plans can be exported as word document.

Thanks!

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Oct 21 '09, 11:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I need the list of test cases with the weight, list of test execution records, list of defects with status, and list of requiremnts to be exported as excel.

And the test plans can be exported as word document.

Thanks!

I don't think we have any current functionality for this. Please submit an RQM enhancement request @ https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=jazz.viewPage&id=com.ibm.team.workitem.

permanent link
sara paddy (6) | answered Feb 29 '12, 3:40 p.m.
I would like to know how to enter the values during test script execution
for ex:-

step1 : Enter the Customer Name :

step2: Load the account information.

step3: Verify the customer information for step1 is displayed.

I would like to enter the customer name during test execution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.