It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why custom attribute added to the Plan View is not editable?

Bareket Matmon (17113) | asked Aug 26 '18, 5:22 a.m.

Hello, 

I have added two customize attribute to our plan view. 
After I click 'Save' and try to set them value- it won't let me. The files are not editable. 

I have checked, and 
  • I have full permissions to edit those attribute. 
  • Those attribute are not define as 'Read-Only'. 
  • Their type is: Contributor (user...).

One of the plan advantages is that we can change attribute directly from plans, but for some reason we are not able to do it. 

Please advise. 

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Aug 26 '18, 11:46 p.m.

Comments
Bareket Matmon commented Aug 27 '18, 1:30 a.m.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply but the answer is unfortunately is not satisfying.
What does it mean "Some attribute types only have a presentation in plan views and can only be edited in the work item editor."? This is a very general statement. Does my attributes are part of the ones who cannot be edited? How can I know that?
There is no way to find any workaround to fix this issue? The ability to edit custom attribute from plans are very important for us. 

Thanks again. 

Don Yang commented Aug 27 '18, 2:22 a.m.

There is no known way to workaround this issue as it is designed like that. My understanding is that Enumeration and Integer are the two types you can edit in plan view. I agree with you that it is lacking documentation on what custom attributes are editable in Plan view. There are RFEs for that and here are two of them:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=273497
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=322482

Bareket Matmon commented Aug 27 '18, 3:22 a.m.

Thank you very much. 

What's the 'RFE' stands for? 

Don Yang commented Aug 27 '18, 3:57 a.m.

RFE is Request For Enhancement.

permanent link
Bareket Matmon (17113) | answered Aug 27 '18, 3:35 a.m.

Also, does this mean there will be change in the designed and those attribute will be available for editing? 

Comments
Don Yang commented Aug 27 '18, 3:58 a.m.

Since it is RFE, as you can see in the workitem comments, you may add your comments to urge the feature(specifically contributor attribute in your case) to be implemented in RTC.

Bareket Matmon commented Aug 27 '18, 4:37 a.m.

Thanks. 

Also, I've notice that you wrote "Enumeration and Integer are the two types you can edit in plan view." However, I have 'Owned By' attribute which is type 'Contributor' and can be edit as well. Does it allow editing because its a built-in attribute? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.