It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM restoring from backup

Kunal N (872361) | asked Aug 19 '18, 2:32 a.m.
retagged Aug 30 '18, 3:43 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi All,

I have a backup of Db2 databases, WAS profile, and full file system backup for "Jazzteamserver/server/" directory. I have went through few articles for backup and restore and I found for restoring we need JFS index files for restoring. The steps to backup JFS files states using command "-backupJFSIndexes adminUserID= adminPassword= toFile=" and then using the restore command.

I have below queries :

As i have a complete backup of the installation location(i.e. E:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server), is it possible to restore CLM using this. If yes then how to i restore JFS index from this..?

Thank you,
Kunal 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Aug 30 '18, 3:46 p.m.

FYI, this should be covered in the interactive Back up databases and configuration files guide, which you can access from Interactive installation, upgrade, and setup guides.

Ken

Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 20 '18, 12:51 a.m.

I believe you can restore index as you suggested.

If you go to JazzTeamServer\server\conf, and check with teamserver.properties file for jts or rtc, qm etc,
and see the path of index set in your environment:
com.ibm.team.jfs.index.root.directory

Then restore the index by copy the backup to the correspondent indices directory.

Comments
Kunal N commented Aug 20 '18, 12:23 p.m.

Thanks for your reply Don...

I have below few queries

So does it mean we can directly copy and replace JFS index files from backup..?
Also what is difference between backing up using the "-backupJFSIndexes" command and copying the entire directory..?

Which option is best to use..?

Thank you,
Kunal

Don Yang commented Aug 21 '18, 3:04 a.m. | edited Aug 21 '18, 3:04 a.m.

Yes, I believe you can directly copy the JFS index files from backup(supposed you have full file system backup for "Jazzteamserver/server/").
"-backupJFSIndexes" command can be run automatically on line, specifically for JFS index. So you may use restore command per the helps:

The restoreJFSIndexes command can be used to restore Jazz Foundation Service indexes that was previously backed up to a .zip file by using the backupJFSIndexes. command. You can restore an index file that it has been backed up in the past 90 days. Backup files older than 90 days cannot be restored.

But JFS index is only a part of indexes. You also need to backup

Fulltext index which requires offline backup. According to
https://jazz.net/library/article/1272

it suggests

--

In spite of the possibility of performing an online backup of the JFS indices, given the restrictions that Fulltext indices impose for CCM and QM applications, it is advised to backup both indices when the CLM applications are shut down.

So if you have mechanism to backup full file systemfor "Jazzteamserver/server/" directory, which I think it is offline, I guess it is good enough to have that option for index(including JFS and FullText index)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.