It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best way to get a URL to a RQM Artefact including the GC context

Thomas Kirstätter (181719) | asked Aug 07 '18, 4:15 a.m.
edited Aug 07 '18, 7:04 a.m.
Hello,
I am searching for the best way to get a URL to an RQM Artefact that contains the information about a distinct GC as the context to open the Artefact. What is the best way to do this?

If I use the "copy Link for this page" option in the artefact menu, I do sometimes get different Links like this:

Link created in GC1 context:

<qm-server+pa-url>/_58ExuIw6EeisIf36OrWQ6w?oslc.configuration=<serverurl>%2Fgc%2Fconfiguration%2F11#action=com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.actionDispatcher&subAction=viewTestCase&id=9240&sectionId=com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseSummary

Link created in 2nd GC context:

/_58ExuIw6EeisIf36OrWQ6w#action=com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.actionDispatcher&subAction=viewTestCase&id=9240§ionId=com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseSummary

Link created from a local Stream:

qm-server+pa-url/_58ExuIw6EeisIf36OrWQ6w#action=com.ibm.rqm.planning.home.actionDispatcher&subAction=viewTestCase&id=9240§ionId=com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseSummary

So, my questions are:

1.)

Is the syntax/structure of the first Link reliable and could I use it e.g. programmatically to generate Links to QM Artefacts in a defined context

2.)

Why is the link not generated the same way all the time? Is this a defect?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 07 '18, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Thomas, 

1) This link is reliable but cannot be used to programatically HTTP GET the test artifact.  For this use case, use the OSLC QM API (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmOslcQmV2Api) or RQM Reportable REST API (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi) with the oslc_config_context parameter (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmOslcQmV2Api#oslc_config_context).  In RQM 6.0.6 iFix003, we will support copying the OSLC URLs from the web UI (see Add a copy OSLC URL to each test artifact. (170694)).

Thomas Kirstätter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Kirstätter commented Aug 07 '18, 7:54 a.m.
Thanks a lot.
towards 1: my intention is to programatically create a clickable link in some other tools that do not support OSLC directly and have no idea about Config Management. So I just wanted to know, how the URL need to look like so I can fill in the parameters. Still thanks a lot for the details shared! Will definitely come in handy sometime :-)

towards 2: will do

Paul Slauenwhite commented Aug 07 '18, 11:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use an OSLC QM API or RQM Reportable REST API URL (for a specific resource) since it will redirect to the web UI when opening in a browser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.